- News aggregator
- International colloquiums
China car times
Explaining the Chinese Car Industry - China Auto Industry Intelligence, Statistics, Culture and Information
Updated: 5 weeks 13 hours ago
2 April, 2014 - 10:12
As electric vehicles sales remain weak, China is considering adding new measures to entice buyers into buying electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
It wasn’t long ago that the Chinese government backed away from its plan to gradually reduce EV subsidies (instead opting for much less steep reductions over the next few years). It now appears that the government intends to add more icing to the cake in the form of tax breaks. According to Ma Kai, Vice Premier in the State Council, the Chinese government is considering excepting all “new energy” vehicles from the 10% vehicle purchase tax that normally accompanies the purchase of a new vehicle. This tax cut would come in addition to efforts to further extend the subsidies beyond the Dec 31st end date. More details are due to be released in the coming months.
The 10% tax reduction certainly wont hurt the adoption of alternative energy vehicles in China, but likely will do little to spur demand either. China desperately needs a dramatic and well-publicized effort to roll out a comprehensive national network of charging stations if the government truly seeks to bring electric vehicles to the market in large numbers.
Categories: English Press / Presse anglaise
French press / Presse française
- Villes-entreprises : Toyota city, née dans la soie
- Villes-entreprises : Sochaux, fief historique de Peugeot
- Renault va produire en France un véhicule utilitaire léger pour Fiat
- Bolloré et BMW soldent leur différend : les i3 et i8 pourront être rechargées sur les bornes du Français
- En attendant sa Gigafactory, Tesla investit dans son usine californienne
English Press / Presse anglaise
- Millennials drawn to car-sharing services, but eventually, they buy
- AutoNation: Recalls crimp service
- Mitsubishi retools flagship Japan plant before hybrid push
- Jaguar Land Rover cuts prices on 3 models in China in response to government probe
- Fisker's Chinese owner plans 2nd model after Karma output resumes
Il n'y a pas d'événements prévus.